Blog This Blog That...A Short Introduction

A Little Hello
Time to get started, I suppose. First off, this probably won't be a daily blog style, more of a post as I can due to my schedule, but hopefully it'll give you a nice taste of the meals and desserts I've happily grown up with. As well as learning the ropes of how to work the blog...Be on the lookout as I'm sure formatting will continue to change.I hope to use this as a place to share some good recipes with others and learn to improve upon my own cooking skills! After all, the best way to learn is by doing, correct? As an Occupational Therapist I will say, it is important to engage in occupations that we find interesting and meaningful to help improve our everyday quality of life! It just so happens, for me, I am interested in cooking/baking, and writing (So kill two birds with one stone here!). With that all said, I welcome you here, and hope you can find a recipe or two that you throughly enjoy (and can put your own spin on). Happy food hunting :)

December 22, 2014

Spinache Artichoke Dip

One of my favorite dips. If only I could get my boyfriend to enjoy it! Still, no reason not to make it and enjoy it for myself. This should be quick and simple and taste delicious! So without further adieu, here we go.

~~

Ingredients



1 10oz box frozen spinach
3/4 cup low fat mayo
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1 14oz can artichoke hearts finely chopped
2 scallions finely chopped

~~

Assembly


Defrost spinach and squeeze out all the liquid. Add all ingredients together in a small baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Take out and serve right away with dipping item of choice. It will be hot. 

~~

Final Thoughts


Delicious treat and quick to make. My mom even handily gave me serving sizes and health info as follows:
Serving size: 1/4 cup dip
Cal per serving: 49
Protein: 3g
Carbs: 5g
Fat: 2g
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment