Blog This Blog That...A Short Introduction

A Little Hello
Time to get started, I suppose. First off, this probably won't be a daily blog style, more of a post as I can due to my schedule, but hopefully it'll give you a nice taste of the meals and desserts I've happily grown up with. As well as learning the ropes of how to work the blog...Be on the lookout as I'm sure formatting will continue to change.I hope to use this as a place to share some good recipes with others and learn to improve upon my own cooking skills! After all, the best way to learn is by doing, correct? As an Occupational Therapist I will say, it is important to engage in occupations that we find interesting and meaningful to help improve our everyday quality of life! It just so happens, for me, I am interested in cooking/baking, and writing (So kill two birds with one stone here!). With that all said, I welcome you here, and hope you can find a recipe or two that you throughly enjoy (and can put your own spin on). Happy food hunting :)

August 23, 2014

Baby-Back BBQ Ribs

A good summer favorite or year round favorite of ours! I always loved my mom's BBQ ribs which were fall of the bone delicious! The smell as they cooked was mouth watering and the taste was to die for. Of course I may be over exaggerating some, but I do know that when my mom makes her ribs with her own BBQ rub, they quickly disappear at the dinner table. Now I am fortunate enough to have the recipe handed down to me :)

~~
Ingredients
1 rack baby back ribs
Dijon Mustard
Your favorite BBQ rub (or my mom's)
Fruit juice or Beer

Ingredients for my mom's rub
 1/3 cup sugar
1 Tbsp kosher salt
1 Tsp black pepper
1 tsp granulated garlic or garlic powder
1/2 Tsp cinnamon
2 Tbsp smoked paprika
cayenne pepper or chilli flakes (for spice) <---optional

~~
 Assebly

Place ribs in a foil-lined baking dish with sides, you may have to cut the rack into two or three pieces to fit. Coat the ribs with a very thin layer of mustard on both sides. Sprinkle with rub and pat in. let sit for 1/2 hour while preheating your oven to 350 degrees. Add 2/3 cup fruit juice (or beer) along sides of ribs in pan. DO NOT add to top of rub. Cover tightly with foil and bake in center rack of oven for 1 hour. Remove from oven and take off top foil and cool for 10 mins. Drain off all the liquid and fat, then spoon on your favorite BBQ sauce over top. Place under the broiler until caramelized (about 5-7 minutes). Make sure to watch carefully so that the ribs don't burn. When finished cooking cut ribs into pieces and enjoy!

~~
Final Thoughts

This is directly from my mom, who was always better at being short and to the point. Serve this with a side of salad or some fresh fruit and they make a meal of themselves! Also if you have any left over meat, you can peel it off the bone, pull it apart and make a nice BBQ pork sandwich for the next day! Hope you enjoy, happy eats! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment