Blog This Blog That...A Short Introduction

A Little Hello
Time to get started, I suppose. First off, this probably won't be a daily blog style, more of a post as I can due to my schedule, but hopefully it'll give you a nice taste of the meals and desserts I've happily grown up with. As well as learning the ropes of how to work the blog...Be on the lookout as I'm sure formatting will continue to change.I hope to use this as a place to share some good recipes with others and learn to improve upon my own cooking skills! After all, the best way to learn is by doing, correct? As an Occupational Therapist I will say, it is important to engage in occupations that we find interesting and meaningful to help improve our everyday quality of life! It just so happens, for me, I am interested in cooking/baking, and writing (So kill two birds with one stone here!). With that all said, I welcome you here, and hope you can find a recipe or two that you throughly enjoy (and can put your own spin on). Happy food hunting :)

May 20, 2011

Pork Tenderloin with Pan Sauce

A shame I don't have a picture of this, but perhaps one day I will get one up. Anyways, around where I live pork is a big food item. Pulled pork, pork BBQ, pork ribs etc. Even before we moved, though, a dish that I remember well was my mom's pork tenderloins. The pork was always so juicy and delicious, and the glaze that my mom poured over just added the right amount of flavor to make the taste explode in the mouth! Okay, perhaps I exaggerate a bit, but bottom line was that it was well cooked pork and delicious tasting! When I was home last for break from school, my mom made her pork tenderloins with a dijon pan sauce, and we had a side of the mandarin orange salad. I had seconds and thirds!


Ingredients
Pork Tenderloin
Olive Oil
Salt
Pepper
Garlic (minced)
Onion (diced)
Flour
Dijon Mustard
Honey (or brown sugar)
Beef or chicken stock

Assembly
Cut the porkt enderloin in half. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a medium frying pan, heat olive oil (enough to coat bottom). Salt and pepper the tenderloin and sear all sides on medium high. Make sure your frying pan is oven safe, if not transfer to a cookie sheet, and put in oven for about 20-25 mins. Do not drain any excess juices as they will be used for the pan sauce. Put meat on a separate dish. Add a little oil to the meat juices. Then add some minced garlic, diced onion, and whisk in equal flour to the juices. Add a couple tablespoons of dijon mustard and honey (can substitute brown sugar for honey if need be). Thin out the mixture with some sort of stock (chicken or beef). Let bubble until you gain the consistency you want.

Cut the pork tenderloin into slices and add slices to the pan-sauce mixture, coating well. When serving, drizzle some of the excess sauce mixture over top. Can add some dried cranberries for a bit more taste as a finishing garnish as well.

Final Thoughts
A simple recipe that can be spiced up as you wish. But even as simple as it is it tastes quite amazing and the pork when cooked right is simply excellent! As a side note when adding the slices of pork tenderloin to the sauce mixture add only the amount of slices you need. Any left over pork you can thinly slice and use later for something like quesadillas! Just add a little flavor when you make the quesadillas and you're good to go! Well I hope you enjoy! Happy eats!

No comments:

Post a Comment