Blog This Blog That...A Short Introduction

A Little Hello
Time to get started, I suppose. First off, this probably won't be a daily blog style, more of a post as I can due to my schedule, but hopefully it'll give you a nice taste of the meals and desserts I've happily grown up with. As well as learning the ropes of how to work the blog...Be on the lookout as I'm sure formatting will continue to change.I hope to use this as a place to share some good recipes with others and learn to improve upon my own cooking skills! After all, the best way to learn is by doing, correct? As an Occupational Therapist I will say, it is important to engage in occupations that we find interesting and meaningful to help improve our everyday quality of life! It just so happens, for me, I am interested in cooking/baking, and writing (So kill two birds with one stone here!). With that all said, I welcome you here, and hope you can find a recipe or two that you throughly enjoy (and can put your own spin on). Happy food hunting :)

June 11, 2011

Cinnamon French Toast Breakfast!


Who doesn't love homemade breakfast in the morning made from mom? I remember when I was younger and we still lived in our single story house, whenever my mom began to make breakfast I would start to awaken from my deep sleep. The house ALWAYS smelled so delicious! Of course as we got older homemade breakfast became rare since we were all on the go, but sundays I could still count on a fresh breakfast made after Sunday mass! One of my favorites had been my mom's french toast! It was quick and simple and always delicious! Well, as much as I love making pancakes and eggs, sometimes I need a change of things! So i decided to make some french toast my way using my mom's simple recipe. To add to the delicious breakfast I had some strawberries and raspberries on hand (fresh of course) so I decided to add my own twist. So here you will get my cinnamon french toast recipe AND my glazed strawberries and raspberries! 

Ingredients
bread
eggs
vanilla
cinnamon
milk
salt
sugar
cranberry juice
lime juice
strawberries (cut)
raspberries

Assembly
French toast is pretty simple to prepare. Spray a frying pan with cooking spray and put it over the burner at about medium heat to warm it up. As that warms make the french toast dip by cracking 2-4 eggs into a bowl. I used 2 eggs and got about 4 or 5 pieces of french toast so you can use that to decide how many eggs you'd like. Beat the eggs and then add a splash of milk, about a tsp or so of vanilla, a pinch of salt, couple tsps of sugar, and cinnamon (to your liking) mix these all together well. Dip the bread of your choice into the mixture coating both sides for a few seconds and then cook them in your frying pan. It's as simple as that!

For the glazed strawberries and raspberries they are made similar to the pan sauce for the glazed apples. I start with a base of some sort of cranberry juice (I used cranberry apple juice). Pour enough that the bottom is lightly coated and then add a few tsps of sugar, a squirt of lime juice, and mix in some cinnamon to keep up the cinnamon theme. Simmer those together until well mixed and then add your sliced strawberries and whole raspberries mixing until coated/warmed. Finally serve with the french toast and drizzle everything with maple syrup!

Final Thoughts
Really I don't have many final thoughts on this one. The french toast is amazing and can be modified however you'd like! The glazed strawberries I simply made myself though i'm sure there are other recipes out there for them! Either way, both are simple and quick and breakfast (in my opinion) is GREAT any time of the day! So I hope you enjoy! Happy eats! (i know I was happy haha)

No comments:

Post a Comment