Blog This Blog That...A Short Introduction

A Little Hello
Time to get started, I suppose. First off, this probably won't be a daily blog style, more of a post as I can due to my schedule, but hopefully it'll give you a nice taste of the meals and desserts I've happily grown up with. As well as learning the ropes of how to work the blog...Be on the lookout as I'm sure formatting will continue to change.I hope to use this as a place to share some good recipes with others and learn to improve upon my own cooking skills! After all, the best way to learn is by doing, correct? As an Occupational Therapist I will say, it is important to engage in occupations that we find interesting and meaningful to help improve our everyday quality of life! It just so happens, for me, I am interested in cooking/baking, and writing (So kill two birds with one stone here!). With that all said, I welcome you here, and hope you can find a recipe or two that you throughly enjoy (and can put your own spin on). Happy food hunting :)

July 10, 2011

Cranberry Glazed Chicken

Sometimes there are recipes that just sound good to have or try. I'm pretty sure my mom's made this before to. I'm thinking there is a theme with my sauces though haha. But least it's healthy! Anyways, I decided to try my luck at a cranberry glazed chicken since I had most of the needed ingredients. So here's my take!


Ingredients
Chicken (i used tenders but you can use really whatever type you'd like of the chicken)
Flour
Salt/Pepper
Garlic powder
Cayenne (opt)
Water
Cranberry Cocktail 
Brown Sugar
Red Wine Vinegar 
Cinnamon 
Dried Cranberries
Olive Oil

Assembly
Preheat oven to about 325 degrees. Spray a frying pan with some cooking spray. In a small bowl combine Flour, salt, pepper, garlic, and cayenne together. Use enough of each so that you can coat your chicken. I used chicken tenders so I just made it up in a cereal sized bowl. Coat the chicken in the flour mixture and cook in the greased frying pan on medium high until browned. Do not clean the frying pan. In a separate baking dish, coat the bottom with some olive oil and put the browned chicken in the dish when it's done. Set aside. In the frying pan used to brown the chicken, add about 3/4 cup of water, 1/4 cup of cranberry cocktail juice (I used ocean spray cran-grape juice), couple tablespoons of brown sugar, about 1 tablespoon of flour, 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar, and a sprinkling of cinnamon. Mix together on medium low heat (if the mixture is too thick add a little more juice/water). Once well mixed add the dried cranberries to your liking and simmer until mixture is slightly thick. Pour the cranberry glaze over the chicken in the pan and put in the oven for about 25 mins (or until chicken is fully cooked). 

Final Thoughts
This is a decently quick recipe and I added a side of seasoned broccoli to the mix. Simple and still delicious! I hope you enjoy! Happy eats! 


No comments:

Post a Comment