Blog This Blog That...A Short Introduction

A Little Hello
Time to get started, I suppose. First off, this probably won't be a daily blog style, more of a post as I can due to my schedule, but hopefully it'll give you a nice taste of the meals and desserts I've happily grown up with. As well as learning the ropes of how to work the blog...Be on the lookout as I'm sure formatting will continue to change.I hope to use this as a place to share some good recipes with others and learn to improve upon my own cooking skills! After all, the best way to learn is by doing, correct? As an Occupational Therapist I will say, it is important to engage in occupations that we find interesting and meaningful to help improve our everyday quality of life! It just so happens, for me, I am interested in cooking/baking, and writing (So kill two birds with one stone here!). With that all said, I welcome you here, and hope you can find a recipe or two that you throughly enjoy (and can put your own spin on). Happy food hunting :)

September 17, 2011

No Bake Cookies

Oh no bake cookies! Something simple, tasty, and VERY easy to make. For a quick bake sale item or dessert to go with dinner, they're great! My mom actually hasn't made them in a while, but i've been making them for myself and friends lately. They're also a more 'healthier' dessert despite the sugar in them. So without further adieu here is the no bake recipe.
Ingredients
2 cups white sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened coco powder**
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup butter***
1 tsp vanilla
1 pinch salt
about 1/2 cup peanutbutter
3 cups oats

**I tend to use coco powder mix for this ingredient it works well if you don't just HAPPEN to have unsweetened cooking coco powder on hand (which I usually don't haha) gives it a different taste depending on what you're using so experiment!
***I generally substitute the butter for olive oil as well. If you wish to substitute use a 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Found at this website.

Assembly
Over medium heat in a sauce pan combine sugar, coco powder, milk and butter. Bring to a boil and continue to cook for about 1 min. You'll have a nice liquid chocolate like mixture (that smells amazing!). Remove from heat and add the oats, peanutbutter, vanilla, and salt. Mix together until well blended.

On a flat surface lay out wax paper or tin foil and spoon the mixture out in rounded spoonfuls onto the waxed paper/tin foil. Let the cookies sit for about and hour and enjoy!

Final Thoughts
These store easily and are quite delicious! A great after school study snack too! Hope you enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment